Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Power of Negativity


Yesterday it was tough to roll out of bed.  Well, everyday is tough, but yesterday seemed just a bit tougher.  I made it up anyway, and resolved to put in 5 miles.  I didn’t quite make it.  I didn’t feel good and my legs were dead.  Ugh. 

As the day wore on, I believe I uncovered that I had some allergy issues going on.  It has been a while since I’ve been bothered by them, but I’m pretty sure that was the case.  I feel a bit better now and hope to tear back into it on Wednesday with another 5 miler. 

I really felt negative yesterday on top of everything!  Maybe it was the allergy deal, but I kept thinking that it is easier to feel negative than it is to feel positive.  You have to really work at it to get into a positive frame of mind.  Negativity really impacts my runs in a bad way.  I mustered all I could yesterday to be positive, and it helped a bit, but not as much as I’d have hoped. 

Today is much better, so I’ll chalk it up to a physical ailment.  I’m hoping to hit the gym a little later this afternoon for a light weight/recumbent bike cross-training, and I should be feeling strong by Wednesday for another run. 

Was happy to see that my weight loss, which had been stagnant for a week, kicked in again.  Down two more lbs for a total of 57.  Some big milestones coming up, so I’m hopeful it continues to stay in gear.  I’ll certainly do my part! 

I’m currently reading “A Few Degrees from Hell,” a collection of experiences from the 2003 Badwater Ultramarathon.  It is an enjoyable read, and thinking of what these people went through helps me push through my piddly 5 milers!

Enjoy your progress!

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment